Posted on | December 16, 2016 | Category: News
The list of qualified nations and athletes for The World Games in Wroclaw, Poland 25 – 27 July 2017, is now complete. In total 40 men and 40 women will compete in the Sprint and Middle Distance competitions, and 17 national teams are qualified to compete in the Sprint Relay.
|1, 2||Poland (2)||Poland (2)|
|3, 4||Austria (2)||Austria (2)|
|5, 6||Czech Republic (2)||Czech Republic (2)|
|7, 8||Denmark (2)||Denmark (2)|
|9, 10||Estonia (2)||Estonia (2)|
|11, 12||Finland (2)||Finland (2)|
|13, 14||France (2)||France (2)|
|15, 16||Great Britain (2)||Great Britain (2)|
|17, 18||Hungary (2)||Hungary (2)|
|19, 20||Norway (2)||Norway (2)|
|21, 22||Russia (2)||Russia (2)|
|23, 24||Sweden (2)||Sweden (2)|
|25, 26||Switzerland (2)||Switzerland (2)|
|27, 28||Ukraine (2)||Ukraine (2)|
|29, 30||Canada (2)||Canada (2)|
|31, 32||New Zealand (2)||New Zealand (2)|
|33||Maja Alm, DEN||Jerker Lysell, SWE|
|34||Tove Alexandersson, SWE||Matthias Kyburz, SUI|
|35||Ting Hsuan Wang, TPE||Cheng Hsun Liu, TPE|
|36||Elmira Moldasheva, KAZ||Yuta Tanikawa, JPN|
|37||Franciely de Sigueira Chiles, BRA||Carlos Henrique Souza de Araujo, BRA|
|38||Brazil (1)||Sidnaldo Farias Sousa, BRA|
|39||Anastasia Denisova, BLR||Yannick Michiels, BEL|
|40||Inga Dambe, LAT||Andreu Blanes, ESP|
The following athletes are reserves in case of withdrawal by one of the above athletes:
|R1||Carlotta Scalet, ITA||Jonas Vytautas Gvildys, LTU|
|R2||Susen Lösch, GER||Nicolas Simonin, IRL|
- Qualifying spots 1 & 2 go to Poland as host nation of The World Games 2017
- Qualifying spots 3 through 28 are based upon nations results at the World Orienteering Championships (WOC) 2016
- Qualifying spots 29 & 30 go to CAN as the best nation from the North American region at WOC 2016
- Qualifying spots 31 & 32 go to NZL as the best nation from the Oceania region at WOC 2016
- Qualifying spots 33 & 34 are personal spots for reigning World Champions from WOC 2016 (note: Olav Lundanes, NOR has declined his spot)
- Qualifying spots 35 & 36 are personal spots for reigning Asian Regional Champions in Sprint and Middle Distance.
- Qualifying spots 37 & 38 are personal spots for reigning South American Regional Champions in Sprint and Middle Distance. (note: since Franciely de Sigueira Chiles, BRA is reigning champion at both Sprint and Middle Distance a second women’s spot is allocated to BRA)
- Qualifying spots 39 & 40 are the highest ranked individual athletes from non-qualified nations in the IOF World Rankings and Sprint World Rankings as of November 1, 2016. In case of a tie, World Rankings position is superior.
- The list of reserves is based upon the rankings among individual athletes from non-qualified nations, in the IOF World Rankings and Sprint World Rankings as of November 1, 2016.
For any detailed questions about qualifications please contact the IOF Office firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries with named athletes from the nations qualified for The World Games, will need to be entered via IOF Eventor at the latest by March 31, 2017. This is due to accreditation requirements imposed by The World Games organising committee. Changes can be made until May 31, 2017. After that date, athletes can only be replaced due to verified injury. The IOF Office will be communicating with federations who have qualified athletes regarding entries procedures in January/February 2017. If one of the listed athletes withdraws from The World Games please inform the IOF Office immediately so that reserves can be notified.