Posted on | January 20, 2015 | Category: News
Stanimir Belomazhev on his way to European Championships gold medal in Switzerland. Photo: Martin Jörg
There was sunny weather and enough snow for the first competition of the European Ski Orienteering Championships, the Sprint.
The women’s competition was won by the Russian Iuliia Tarasenko in 13:10, ahead of Mervi Pesu (Finland) and Magdalena Olsson (Sweden).
Last year at the European Ski Orienteering Championships in her home country, Iuliia Tarasenko, missed winning medals three times. But this year she has won the gold medal in Sprint distance with a very good race from the beginning, and throughout the second half she was in the lead. The bronze medal is Magdalena Olsson’s first individual European Championships medal.
In the men’s class Bulgarian Stanimir Belomazhev was the fastest with a 12 second lead over Øyvind Watterdal (Norway) and Andrey Lamov (Russia). Stanimir Belomazhev won the Long distance race at the European Ski Orienteering Championships last year. The gold medal in Sprint distance is now his third European Championships gold.
Results, splittimes and GPS-Tracking: http://www.skiolem15.ch/index.php/en/live
Men (3.4 km, 18 controls):
- Stanimir Belomazhev (Bulgaria) 12:15
- Øyvind Watterdal (Norway) 12:27
- Andrey Lamov (Russia) 12:29
- Andreas Holmberg (Sweden) 12:36
- Staffan Tunis (Finland) 12:36
- Peter Arnesson (Sweden) 12:43
- Eduard Khrennikov (Russia) 12:44
- Erik Rost (Sweden) 12:45
- Lars Moholdt (Norway) 12:49
- Ulrik Nordberg (Sweden) 12:51
Women (3.1 km, 14 controls):
- Iuliia Tarasenko (Russia) 13:10
- Mervi Pesu (Finland) 13:32
- Magdalena Olsson (Sweden) 13:41
- Mira Kaskinen (Finland) 13:44
- Audhild Bakken Røgnstad (Norway) 13:45
- Mariya Kechkina (Russia) 13:47
- Milka Reponen (Finland) 13:49
- Hana Hancikova (Czech Republic) 13:51
- Frida Sandberg (Sweden) 13:56
- Josefine Engström (Sweden) 13:58
|| Print page ||