Athletes Licence Information
The International Orienteering Federation (IOF) has an Athletes’ Licence system.
- It contributes to the fairness of our sport by having athletes confirm that they will respect and follow the IOF rules. The IOF licence is an agreement between the IOF and the athlete.
- The Licence fee goes directly to the IOF Anti-Doping fund which is part of IOF Anti Doping plan.
- To improve risk management for major event Organisers, Member Federations and the IOF, by defining the conditions upon which competitors participate in major IOF events.
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) expects all recognised sports federations to have a regulation framework for athletes.
- The licence is needed for athletes participating in Senior (Elite M/W 21) World Championships and World Cup competitions.
- The Application(Signed form) and Payment should reach the IOF Office or IOF Office representatives before participating in a World Championship or World Cup Event.
- The licence is annual and is valid for all orienteering disciplines
IOF Athlete Licence Rules (PDF format, click to read)
Licence application form
The form needs to be signed once. IOF will inform when there is a need to resign a new form when there is a major change to it. Every athlete that signed the form in 2016 don’t need to sign the 2017 version of the form.
- Make sure that you have IOF ID and an updated user profile in IOF Eventor
- Print out the form
- Fill in and Sign
- Send signed original to the IOF Office
International Orienteering Federation
Drottninggatan 47 3 1/2 tr
IOF Athlete Licence application form 2017 (PDF format, click to print out)
Payment and Management of Athlete Licence in IOF Eventor
The annual Licence fee is 30 EURO/athlete. The Licence should be paid by the Federation or the Athlete. All payments are done in IOF Eventor. In IOF Eventor
The Athlete payments
The Athlete can login into IOF Eventor and pay licence by card or by bank transfer. Read more in IOF Eventor Guide for Athletes.
The Federation payments
The Federation can pay by login into IOF Eventor (as Administrator or Team manager). Read more in IOF Eventor Guide for Federations.
It is a two step process where the federation purchase a set of (1 to many) licences. After the purchase the federation can assign licences to athletes.
Questions and Answers?
Q? I signed the form on 2016, do I need to sign it again for the 2017 season??
Answer: No, the form from 2016 is still valid as an agreement. You can, however, sign the new agreement (form) if you want to.
Q? Where can I see if I have signed the form?
Answer: If you have paid, or initiated a payment, your status are shown on the in IOF Eventor/Athlete Licences page. If you have not paid the licence you can find your form status in: Login into IOF Eventor, click on My Pages/My Athlete Licence.
Q? Do I need to have different licences and pay many fees if I participate in several Orienteering disciplines?
Q? Can I send in a signed form and wait to pay until I know I will participate in World Championships or World Cup?
Answer: Yes, that is good practice. Pay the fee when you know that you will participate in the first Event of the season. The National Team Manager should have identified the team members at least 10 days before the Event.
Q? How do I know that my payment and signed agreement have reached IOF?
Answer: You find the current status of your Athlete Licence in IOF Eventor. If you find that there is something wrong with you Athlete Licence please email IOF Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
Q? Do I need to send the original signed form or is it good enought with and scanned copy sent by email.
Answer: You need to send the original. In special cases, where time is short, IOF Office will temporarily approve a scanned PDF version. Eventually ,you need to send in the original.
|| Print page ||