Athletes Licence Information
The International Orienteering Federation (IOF) has decided to implement an Athletes’ Licence starting with the Ski orienteering season 2015-2016.
- It contributes to the fairness of our sport by having athletes confirm that they will respect and follow the IOF rules. The IOF licence is an agreement between the IOF and the athlete.
- The Licence fee will go directly to the IOF Anti-Doping fund which is part of IOF Anti Doping plan.
- To improve risk management for major event Organisers, Member Federations and the IOF, by defining the conditions upon which competitors participate in major IOF events.
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) expects all recognised sports federations to have a regulation framework for athletes.
- The licence is needed for athletes participating in Senior (Elite M/W 21) World Championships and World Cup competitions.
- The Application and Payment should reach the IOF Office or IOF Office representatives before participating in a World Championship or World Cup Event.
- The licence is annual and is valid for all orienteering disciplines
- The licence is valid from 1 Nov 2015 to 31 December 2016 regardless of when the Application form is signed and payment is made during the licence period
Licence application form
- Make sure that you have IOF ID and an updated user profile in IOF Eventor
- Print out the form
- Fill in and Sign
- Send signed original to the IOF Office
International Orienteering Federation
The annual Licence fee is 30 EURO/athlete. The Licence should be paid by the Federation or the Athlete. Please add info on the payment for which athletes the payment is intended for. Always include the athlete name and IOF ID in the payment message.
Payment alternative 1, Bank transfer:
IOF Bank name: Handelsbanken
IBAN: SE15 6000 0000 0009 6516 4918
Payment alternative 2, Pay by Credit card through Paypal
Use this link for Payment for one athlete:
Use this link for Payment for one or more athletes. With this option you add one athlete at a time to the Shopping Cart. When pushing the “Add to Cart” button you will be redirected to the Paypal Shopping Cart and if you want to add one more click on “Continue Shopping” on the PayPal site to return here:
Questions and Answers?
Q? Do I need to have different licences and pay many fees if I participate in several Orienteering disciplines?
Q? Can I send in a signed form and wait to pay until I know I will participate in World Championships or World Cup?
Answer: Yes, that is good practice. Pay the fee when you know that you will participate in the first Event of the season. The National Team Manager should have identified the team members at least 10 days before the Event.
Q? How do I know that my payment and signed agreement have reached IOF?
Answer: You find the current status of your Athlete Licence in IOF Eventor. If you find that there is something wrong with you Athlete Licence please email IOF Office at email@example.com and let us know.
Q? Do I need to send the original signed form or is it good enought with and scanned copy sent by email.
Answer: You need to send the original. In special cases, where time is short, IOF Office will temporarily approve a scanned PDF version. Eventually ,you need to send in the original.
|| Print page ||